- Roy Hibbert tweets he's fine after injury scarePosted 266 days ago
- Cubs manager job: Manny Acta out, Brad Ausmus on the risePosted 266 days ago
- Dolphins players questioning offensive gameplanPosted 266 days ago
- Cards' Molina wins sixth straight Gold GlovePosted 266 days ago
- Roundup: New X-Men Movie Looks Fantastic, Oregon Ducks Fans Are Idiots & Baby Cries When Mom SingsPosted 266 days ago
- Doc Rivers: Clippers 'were not ready' for LakersPosted 266 days ago
- Fantasy football rankings, Week 9: WR rankings for PPR, standard leaguesPosted 266 days ago
- Matt Ryan has a Cardinals problemPosted 266 days ago
- Red Sox take 3-2 WS lead on Lester's gemPosted 266 days ago
- Juventus vs. Catania, Preview and TV schedule: Should be simple for JuventusPosted 266 days ago
Malcom Floyd out indefinitely, fantasy value is doubtful for now
- Updated: September 16, 2013
Malcom Floyd is out indefinitely. We break down the fantasy implications.
He was carted off the field in Philadelphia, but the Chargers said that he is fine, so it’s good news to hear he’s not seriously injured. Floyd was having a good game with 105 yards on five catches in Week 2.
The Chargers can’t catch a break. Danario Alexander is out for the year with a torn ACL and now they could be without Floyd for a while. Both Floyd and Alexander stand 6’5″ and the rest of the Chargers WR corps is vastly undersized. The deep balls to big receivers has been Rivers’ bread and butter, but this year they’ve been running a lot of underneath stuff to help limit turnovers and sacks.
Fantasy impact: We still don’t know what “indefinitely” means, so for all we know, Floyd could suit up in Week 3. Obviously, that’s extremely doubtful, though. Eddie Royal has become a near must-own player while Vincent Brown should have added opportunity, despite his slow start. Keenan Allen was also in the mix. Floyd owners should hang on for now unless it’s to pick up a hot free agent.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.